|Public or Private:||Private|
|Federal Circuit:||Sixth Circuit|
|Head of Institution:||President Frederick J Finks
205 Founders Hall
Ashland, OH 44805
« Return to School Overview
Do you have any information, updates, or changes regarding the policies at this institution? Let us know!
On this page, FIRE has excerpted policies that address speech and expression. You may download the full policy in .pdf form, below.
Restrictions on Expressive Rights
Harassment Policies (Learn More)
Student Handbook: Regulations- Harassment 09-10
Student Resources: Sexual Harassment Prevention and Awareness 09-10
1. Sexual flirtations, touching, advances, or propositions;
2. Sexually explicit language or gestures;
3. Sexually graphic or suggestive comments about an individual's dress or body;
4. Contributing to an offensive overall environment, including the use of vulgar or sexist language, the presence of sexually explicit photographs or other materials, and the telling of sexual or sexist jokes or stories.
5. Explicit or implicit threats or comments that an individual may be affected in a tangible way in exchange for engaging (or not engaging) in sexually-related conduct (quid pro quo).
Student Handbook: Harassment Free Environment 09-10
Internet Usage Policies
Acceptable Use Policy 09-10
Advertised Commitments to Free Expression
Student Handbook: Core Values 09-10
and professional development.
NOTE: You must have Adobe Acrobat installed to view policies in PDF format.
The speech codes and policies above were last fully checked via internet and other research means by FIRE in November 2009. According to FIRE’s research the substantive policies are current at least until this date. Directory information, including the name of the president of the college or university, may have been updated more recently. If any policy has been revised, or if you believe that we are in error, please contact us.