Pierce Babirak, a proud native of Maine, holds a Bachelors of Arts in History and Political Science from Grove City College and a Masters of Science in Education from the University of Pennsylvania. During his undergraduate studies, Pierce served as the president of his class for the Student Government Association and actively participated and competed in the theater arts as a director and actor. Prior to joining FIRE, Pierce interned for the president of The Heritage Foundation and completed the Teach For America program, teaching 7th and 8th grade mathematics in the School District of Philadelphia. Pierce’s passion for the essential role free speech plays in education and social discourse is what led him to FIRE.
- "Hey, Los Angeles! Hang Out With FIRE Next Tuesday!,"
by Pierce Babirak, November 12, 2013
- "Happy Fall From FIRE!,"
by Pierce Babirak, October 17, 2013
- "FIRE President Interviewed by TheBestSchools.org,"
by Pierce Babirak, September 10, 2013
- "FIRE's 2012 Annual Report and IRS Form 990 Now Available Online,"
by Pierce Babirak, July 2, 2013
- "FIRE Announces New, Easy Giving Strategy: Just Use Your Credit Card! ,"
by Pierce Babirak, July 1, 2013
- "FIRE President on 'HuffPost LIVE' to Discuss New Harassment Definition,"
by Pierce Babirak, May 13, 2013
- "'Free Speech Aflame': Lukianoff in 'The Humanist',"
by Pierce Babirak, April 25, 2013
- "Twitter, Free Speech, and Taking Xanax for Your Syphilis,"
by Pierce Babirak, April 7, 2013
- "Greg Reviews Emily Bazelon's New Book on Bullying, 'Sticks and Stones',"
by Pierce Babirak, April 3, 2013
- "FIRE President Interviewed by PJ Media’s Ed Driscoll,"
by Pierce Babirak, March 28, 2013
- "Greg Speaks about ‘Unlearning Liberty’ at Columbia Law School,"
by Pierce Babirak, March 20, 2013