Delaware ResLife Hides Another Document
May 2, 2008
by Adam Kissel
Following the attention given by the Delaware Association of Scholars to the University of Delaware Residence Life position called "Graduate Assistant for Diversity Initiatives," the university has removed the job description from its website.
Fortunately, we have an archived copy here.
The position's responsibilities include(d) "Resource Development," which include(d) the following:
- Serve as a resource in the area of multicultural and diversity issues for Residence Life staff members and residence hall students.
- Develop resource files for programs and workshops on such topics as:
- Inter-Cultural Communication
- Prejudice Reduction
- Heterosexism/Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Awareness
- Ability Differences
- HIV/AIDS Awareness
- Values Clarification
- Multicultural Jeopardy
- Collaborate with various campus offices to create a monthly diversity programming calendar.
Readers may remember that last fall, when ResLife was under pressure, it also began removing controversial and incriminating documents from its website.
Once again, such news confirms reports I have heard that ResLife officials are doing everything possible to run the same program they ran last year but with as much hidden as possible. That's the opposite of the new transparency that ResLife reportedly has promised.