SFSU’s Speech Codes Named in Complaint
July 6, 2007
- Unacceptable Student Behaviors Policy:
The following behavior is subject to disciplinary sanctions:
7. Conduct that threatens or endangers the health or safety of any person within or related to the University community, including physical abuse, threats, intimidation, harassment, or sexual misconduct.
- Standards for Student Conduct: Student Responsibilities Policy:
Students are expected [...] to be civil to one another and to others in the campus community [....]
- Sexual Harassment Policy:
Sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature are forms of sexual harassment when:
3. such conduct has the purpose or effect of hindering performance by creating or allowing sexually intimidating, hostile, or offensive behavior to occur in the university or in a university-related setting.
Student Group Misconduct Policy:
Permits student organizations to be held collectively accountable “when the behavior is inconsistent with SF State goals, principles and policies.”
- Student Group Misconduct Policy, PDF, 1.5 MB
- Sexual Harassment Policy, PDF, 37.1 KB
- Unacceptable Student Behaviors Policy, PDF, 20.5 KB
- Student Responsibilities Policy, PDF, 11.7 KB